Thursday, June 4, 2009

What a Week!!!!

Just a quick note...

Well, last week I made the decision to return to Honduras next school year. What a relief to finally have made a decision and I know that it will be a good one.
The following day there was the earthquake at 2:30 in the morning. Woke up to my bed really shaking, but there was not damage around here. All of the damage from the earthquake was in the north. Nocked our internet out, so I haven't been able to really have internet till now. Didn't realize how much I came to depend upon that connection to home.
That same day the school told us that they had rented a house for the single girls next year and that we needed to go home that day to be packed and ready to move the next day. Talk about stress. That and being in the midst of final grades and finishing the school year.
The house they moved us into is AMAZING and that kinda made up for the very short notice in moving. Stressfull still. We have finished the school year with our last day being tomorrow. It's sad to see the kids go, but I am glad that I will be able to still see some of them next year. I have grown to love these kids. Although, I will be happy to not have to be the teacher to some of them...you know how that is.

Anyways, I am leaving for the states in about a week and a half. In that time we have to finish our grades, put them in the computer, check them, clean, pack up the classroom and the house. So, busy is my name.

No comments: