Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pressing On - Finish Strong

So the year here is almost over. I leave in 28 days...and counting. The kids are getting crazy which is making me crazy and that makes me want to say, "forget it!!!" We are all tired, but still have work to do. We have a week and a half left of actual evaluation. The last week is supposed to be "normal" classes, but we can not evaluate anything that week. So, to me it is one long baby sitting week. I am trying to plan fun things for the kids that week. If you have any suggestions of what to do let me know.



I am finally starting to really get over whatever sickness I had. It was some sort of bacterial infection. Some effects are still lingering around...but for the most part I am finally beginning to feel like myself. Last week I went to get a Penicillin shot. Now if you have had one you know where they have to administer it; for those who don't - bend down. Well, I knew where they had to shoot me...but when I walked into the room I was waiting for instruction from the nurse. I wasn't quite sure how much I should show. She started yelling something at me (in Spanish of course) which I didn't understand. Even the girl who came with me didn't understand her. She kept yelling the same thing and I kept saying I don't understand. My friend left the room thinking I had to take clothes off and left me with this crazy lady. Finally things got figured out, but that lady needs to go back to "caring for patients 101." We think she was just trying to hurry me up, but some direction would have been nice. Well, I have to get another shot in 2 weeks. I just hope I don't have the same lady.

No comments: