Thursday, April 9, 2009

Ah Vacation!!!

Vacation is an amazing thing that! I haven't every really taken a trip for vacation...one that is planned, booked, and expected. We have had this past week off of school and it has been so nice to not have to wake up for school. I have missed seeing my kids faces and their hugs, but it's still nice to be away from school. I haven't have the quiet I expected to have this past week with some of my roommates here, but it has been nice. But, this next week is what I am really looking forward to. The marrieds (the Maynards and the Bruce's) and myself will be departing at 3:30 in the a.m. to beat the heat. We decided that we would not rent a car, but take the van that we have been using. Kinda questionable, no air, old van, but it will get us to our destination and back. At least that is what we are praying for =)
Anyways, we will be traveling to Copan (ancient ruins) and spend about 4 days there exploring the ruins, horseback riding, river tubing, bird seeing, and other stuff. After that we are heading on to a beach for 3 days. I am so excited for this trip. I have not seen much of Honduras besides Tegucigalpa. So I am ready to see more of the country.
Please pray for our safty as we travel. We are going to get stopped multiple times by the police. Please pray that things will work out with that. We are trying to not take anything valuable, but pray that we will not be taken advantage of.
I can't wait to share this experience w/ you all and to show pics. Love to all

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Tammy, I wish you a VERY good time! And I also can hardly wait until I see you again in person!!!